Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Teaching to Close Small Buttons

I have been teaching several children and adults to close large buttons using large button squares. These are simply 2 pieces of fabric -one with a button sewn on it and the other with a slit to button onto it.

Some of my clients are ready to work on  closing smaller buttons before tackling the ones on their clothes. So I  took some of my old blouses that are bit too tight on me and decided to donate them. I wrapped them over a couple of layers of cardboard to make them more firm while the individuals closes first the buttons to the blue blouse and then the buttons on the red one. I think it is easier to learn this skill when the buttons are in front of you rather than on your own clothing where you can't look directly at them.


No comments: