The Recycling Occupational Therapist is only $25.00 with free shipping with Paypal

Offer only applies in continental United States

Friday, June 19, 2015

Extreme sensory seeking individual

I am working with a young man who seeks extremes in sensory input and acts miserable without it.

He alternates between sitting in a bungee chair, wheelchair rocker and lounger.

He likes to hold onto the heavy bag of sand inside the supermarket bag. I was able to attach it to his wheelchair with the straps so it wouldn't fall off. He can hold onto it independently when it is on his lap when he leans back into the bungee chair or lounger.

He also enjoys the pink vibrating cushion behind his back.

Sometimes he wears a weighted vest but I like to limit that because the impact wears off and I don't know if it would get uncomfortable.

But he likes wearing my life jacket vest and I will be looking into compression clothing since I need my vest for my ocean time....


No comments: