The Recycling Occupational Therapist is only $25.00 with free shipping with Paypal

Offer only applies in continental United States

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Velcro Activities with deaf and blind client


 
I've been making "Velcro Bottles" for many years out of detergent  and dishwasher soap bottles..

 I bought this sports bottle years ago to use with children since the handle would fit nicely into small hands.

I used it today with a client who is blind and deaf. The staff have been giving him a box with blocks attached with Velcro to the sides.

In the video you can see him removing the wooden blocks  followed by removing the shapes from the bottle. I think that the bottle made the task easier to understand since he could feel where the handle was, more easily orienting to its parts and more easily find the smaller opening on top for insertion. I think that it was also helpful that the objects were easier to grip and pull.





No comments: