The Recycling Occupational Therapist is only $25.00 with free shipping with Paypal

Offer only applies in continental United States

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pulling Snake out of Baby wipe Container



I sewed some small socks together and didn't realize until I got to work that they look like snakes. I just need to add a face for next time. Each sock has 1/2 a plastic bag inside to make it a bit thicker.

I attached some of the rubber bands that are attached to produce- the ones with little labels and the bar code on them. First I thought I would attach stickers so that the kids could tell me what they were, but realizing I didn't have any stickers, I added the round dots used for yard sale labeling and had the kids count the number of dots. Only one almost 3 year old was able to do that and my 4 1/2 year old was not interested in counting. I will buy some stickers for them and have them count how many stickers we find.

In the video you can see a client pushing the snake back into the opening. She demonstrates very good motor planning skills to push the sock near the container's opening. Another client found it tricky to get the snake back inside because she was pushing the snake distally instead of near the opening. This is a great way to strengthen fingers and teach these concepts.

No comments: